Friday, August 8, 2008

What do you think about our name?

I was just reading Yahoo! news and saw that Senator John Edwards is admitting to an extramarital affair. That really has nothing to do with this blog, but in the article it mentioned the names of his children. Guess what the name of one of his daughters is? BINGO!! Emma Claire. What do we do? Do we go forward with naming our daughter Emma Claire even though there is another one out there or do we try to find another name? I really like our name, and I know Emma is a common name, which was one of my fears when we came up with the name, but now I don't know. A big part of me wants to name her something else because I want her to have an original name, but I really do like our name.
What do you think we should do? I need some input.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's up to you. If you decide on another name why not go with the
grandmothers names or great grandmothers names. There is so many names to choose from. I would leave it alone. No matter what you choose there is always going to be 1 out there that has a bad name.
With Love Grandma

Robin said...

I agree with your grandma about leaving it alone. Because Emma is a popular name, there will always be others...because you live in the south...there will probably be other Emma Claire's (referring to the claire)Kind of like Ashley Nicole...check that one out and see how many people have to same first and last name of other people! My cousin and many others are named Ashley Nicole! ;)

Lauren said...

I would leave it the same. There will always be someone else with the same name, just by chance. If you love the name, I would stick with it for sure. Plus, I think it is adorable anyway!!