Monday, August 18, 2008

Pictures of Olivia's 2nd Birthday Party!

Here are the pictures I promised. Sorry I am late in posting them, but I finally got all of the photos from both of our photographers and of course, one of them has a really awesome camera and the files are too large for Blogger to post, so I had to "settle".
The party was awesome! It lasted for a little over an hour and a half and everyone had a blast. We had it at the local pool and it is an awesome pool because it is geared toward the toddler crowd, which was awesome because that was our whole guest list, practically :) As each guest arrived, I handed them a party favor, which was a bucket with their name on it, filled with toys that they could play with at the pool. Each child got the same toys in their bucket so there would be no fighting.
After about an hour of playing, we sang, "Happy Birthday" to Olivia and everyone got a cupcake. The weather on this particular day was scorching, 107 degrees to be exact, and the cake started melting immediately after I pulled it out of the pool's refrigerator. Needless to say, each kid was covered in colored frosting, but they loved it.
We decided to open the gifts at home and record on our video camera. Once Jonathon has a minute to look at our video camera software, I will try to post the video, but no promises. I can tell you that all the gifts that had tissue paper were her favorite. She took every single sheet of tissue paper and spread it out across our living room floor like they were blankets. It was really cute to watch her do this, but frustrating too, since it took longer to open presents and clean up.
I would have posted pictures with her friends, but I did not have their parents permission at the time I posted this and I didn't want anyone to feel I violated their privacy.
So enjoy!
(Apparently, Blogger didn't place the pictures where I thought they would go, so for the slide pictures, start at the bottom and work your way up...sorry about that)












2 comments:

Robin said...

The pictures are great and I am so proud of you for posting them...I was about to start giving you a hard time again...

That pool was really awesome...wish we had something that neat here.

Download a program called Irfanview and you can reduce the size of the pictures so that they can be posted and are also e mail friendly. MAKE SURE AND SAME THEM UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME THOUGH OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR ORIGINAL, GOOD QUALITY ONES! I am speaking from experience on this one...unfortunately!

I will try and call you tomorrow afternoon after my appt! Hopefully, we will have some news.

Lauren said...

The pictures are great! I am glad the party went well and everyone had such a good time. I can't believe little miss O is already 2! Hope you are feeling well and we will talk soon.