Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wall-E

Jonathon and I were feeling brave and adventurous Sunday afternoon and took Olivia to the movie theater for the first time. We took her to see Wall-E and she loved it. She behaved better than I expected, but we left with about 10 minutes to go because she had enough. Actually, if there weren't two people sitting in front of us, we would have stayed and let her stomp on the floor and walk, but it didn't work out. I think her favorite part was eating the popcorn, which was also a first, and drinking Mommy and Daddy's "juice", which is Coke (don't worry, she only had a couple of sips and only after she drank all of her milk). Jonathon and I love how she says Wall-E...it is the cutest thing I think I have ever heard (well, except for when she says Momma and Daddy, nothing beats those two words).

We are all doing well. Jonathon is no longer working 24/7, literally he has worked every day (including Saturdays and Sundays) for the past month. This is the first weekend since the 4th of July that he will be home the whole weekend. I am so excited because that means my yard will get mowed. Now, don't get me wrong, it is flippin' hot here in Texas and my grass is pretty much dead, but somehow the weeds are green and growing like crazy, despite the lack of rain.

This weekend is Olivia's Pool Party. I have everything except for the cake, a slight oversight on my part. No, actually, as long as I give my local bakery 48 hours notice, they can have it ready in time, which means I have to place the order by Thursday.

The pregnancy is going great still. Emma is a kicker. She especially loves to start when I am starting to wind down for the evening and trying to relax. The kicks have been getting harder and harder and sometimes she will kick me hard and it takes me by surprise and makes me jump. I have been experiencing Round Ligament Pains in my belly. Here is what I found from emedicinehealth.com:

Round ligament pain refers to a type of pelvic pain caused by stretching of the round ligaments. This occurs more commonly on the right side of the pelvis.

* Your uterus is normally the size of a pear. Thick ligaments, one of which is called the round ligament, hold your uterus in suspension within your abdomen. As the uterus grows in size and weight, these ligaments become very long and thin, stressing and tensing like rubber bands.

* The ligaments pull and tug on nearby nerve fibers and sensitive structures, causing pain. The severity of pain can worry you. Although round ligament pain is uncomfortable, it is also very normal.

o A ligament spasm, an involuntary contraction or cramp, usually triggers a sharp pain. These spasms are found more frequently on the right side than the left because of the normal tendency of the uterus to turn to the right.

o You might awaken at night with pain after having suddenly rolled over in your sleep.

o The pain may also be brought on by exercise.

Fortunately, this doesn't happen frequently, but at least 2-3 times a week. Sometimes, especially when it catches me off guard, it takes my breath away. I had one at work yesterday and the guys in my office started freaking out and thought I was going into labor. I work with some great guys, but trust me, if I go into labor at work, they are the last 3 guys in Dallas I would want to help me out. Like I said, they are great, but if it were to happen, they would be like the 3 Stooges and I don't want to take that chance (don't worry, I have already told them this so it isn't like I am saying stuff behind their backs, and they agree).

Check for a post this weekend with pictures from Olivia's pool party; it will be a blast and wish all of you out-of-towners could be here :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I saw your comment on Tip Junkie, and I'm glad to see you're going to try out my (super super simple) monogrammed craft idea.

I poked around your blog for a minute and saw you're pregnant too... congratulations. :) I'm only a few weeks ahead of you with my first... I'm so excited!

Have a great one,
Morgan

Lauren said...

Im ready to see some new prego pictures of you!

Robin said...

I with Lauren...new pics of you and those party pics you promised!