Thursday, June 5, 2008

Names, names, names

So, now that we are thirteen weeks pregnant, and seven weeks away from finding out the sex of the baby, we are really starting to think about baby names. We have already agreed on a boy name, which if the baby is a boy, I will reveal, but we cannot, I mean CANNOT agree on a girl name. Jonathon hates every name I come up with and I hate every name he comes up with. I really appreciate him thinking about names and helping out, but I wish he would come up with one we both love, and vice versa.
With this said, I am challenging you, blogger friends, to help us come up with a girl name. Some guidelines:

1. We do not like trendy names
2. But, we do not like too traditional names
3. We would like to keep the spelling normal, nothing too funky
4. We appreciate any and all suggestions, but please do not be hurt if we do not choose your name

So, bring on the names, friends. I am very excited to see what you all come up with :)

PS--I got a call from my nurse and she said everything came back normal from the Down Syndrome testing...yay!

6 comments:

Robin said...

you already know my vote is for Mara-Jade, but I think you consider that trendy! ;) I will be thinking of other options

Lauren said...

My vote for a girl name is Macy. Or Maci if you like that better. I love that name, but Silas is not as fond of it. Lets see what else...Katherine, Kathleen. Not sure if any of those work for you. Do you have any more specific guidelines, like what you dont want it to end with?? We always end up liking names that end with "n" and that doesnt always sound the best with our last name. I will think of more for you later.

Brandy said...

Well, you know I posted this post and then started looking in a baby name book, and I think we have tentatively agreed on a name, but we would still like to hear suggestions just in case. Other guidelines:

1. Initials cannot be PMS
2. It can end in any letter and start with any letter

adam, elizabeth and connor said...

glad all is going well so far! i am anxious to hear the names you have picked out! we are still working on a middle name for Connor!

adam, elizabeth and connor said...

hey girl! hope all is well with you! i only have nausea in the morning - and only with the dog food... i dry heave for about 10 minutes, stay nauseated for a little while, and then feel fine.... obviously we aren't getting rid of the dogs, so i just accept it as part of my morning routine! have you picked your names yet???

Robin said...

Where are we on names now girl?! We have another boy name in play right now, so Andrew James may not be a go. We don't want to talk about it though until we decide...call me though and you may get it out of me! Hahaha