Thursday, May 22, 2008

Update on Grandpa!

Sorry for the delay in posting, but better late than never, right?
Anyway, my Grandpa was released from the hospital on Monday and they took him to a Rehabilitation Center not too far from my grandparent's house. The doctor told him he will be there for one week, visit his doctor, and could be release to go back home.
While in the hospital, tests revealed he has extra fluid on his spine and brain. They were able to relieve some of the fluid on his spine and he is doing so much better. He is able to walk around and has color back in his face (my dad said he was pretty pale). They also believe he is a good candidate to have a shunt placed in his brain to drain the excess fluid off of his brain. They do not know when and if they will be able to do the surgery, so once I know, you will know.
But, for now, he is doing and feeling so much better, which is great news. My grandma emailed me earlier today and said the Rehabilitation Center let her take him out to lunch and get his hair cut today. He was pretty tired after that, so she took him back, but that is such great improvement from last week.
So, I would like to say thank you to all of you for your prayers, thoughts and encouraging words; my family and I really appreciate it.
Last Thursday, my friend, Robin, came down for a four day girls weekend, and we had a blast. Thursday was our Spa Day. We went to the ZaSpa at the Hotel ZaZa in Uptown Dallas, and were spoiled. I have never been pampered or doted upon, and it was wonderful. I told Jonathon before this second baby is born, I would like to do it again. We started off with massages and facials. I have never had a massage before, but I am totally hooked now. The facial was wonderful and my skin felt so soft and rejuvenated. Then, we had lunch provided from the Dragonfly Restaurant. We shared Crab Cakes, Turkey Club Sandwich, a Fresh Fruit Plate, and French Fries. In my opinion, the fries were the best part. Even cold, they were more delicious than McDonald's fries hot. Then, we were off for our Manicures and Pedicures. The Zero Gravity chair was so awesome and I totally felt like a feather. I am sure when I am further along, and a lot bigger, it will feel even more incredible. It is supposed to make you feel like you aren't carrying a bunch of weight in your tummy.
Friday, our friend, Kristen, "The Unsinkable", came over and we ate lunch at Fogo De Chao. Fogo De Chao is a Brazilian Churrascaria. They have an amazing salad bar and then when you are ready for them to serve you meat, you flip over your card from red to green, and Gauchos will bombard you with about 10-15 different types of meats, chicken and pork. When you want to take a break, flip your card to red and they will stop. We absolutely stuffed ourselves, but of course, we had room for dessert. They have amazing desserts; we each got something different. Once we were finished with our meal, we dropped Kristen off and Robin and I went to Waco to visit her in-laws. We had such a great trip there and back.
Saturday, we did the girl thing, and went to the local mall and shopped, and shopped, and shopped some more. We both ended up getting tons of new maternity clothes and had a great time. Afterwards, we came home for a quick rest, and then it was off to Medieval Times. Medieval Times is a restaurant/entertainment center. While eating, we watched "The Knights of the Realm" compete in different sporting events. Even though our Knight didn't win, we still had a great time. Jonathon and I even had our 5 year Anniversary announced during the tournament...Lord Jonathon and Lady Brandy Simmons.
Sunday, we went to church and afterwards to Dickey's for some great BBQ. We go to Dickey's every Sunday after church because kids eat free, and we really enjoy it. Afterwards, Robin had to leave. I was sad to see her go, but I knew she had a great time and she was ready to go home and see her family.
I wish I had pictures to post, but silly me, even though I had my camera on me the whole entire time, I didn't take one single stinkin' picture! Can you believe that? Oh well, at least Robin and I have memories together.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

We are so glad to hear that your grandpa is doing better. hopefully he will be home again soon. Your weekend with Robin sounds so wonderful. I need a break like that!!! I am glad you finally got a massage too....but it's a dangerous thing, because you will want one all the time now!!

Robin said...

Check my blog soon, hopefully today or tomorrow I will have the post about our visit finished! Better late than never...I may have to seperate them out by day! Hahaha

Hope your weekend in San Antonio was wonderful! Call me when you get caught up on work and all!