Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ok, so my math is a little off...

Jonathon and I had our first appointment today. It went really well. We started off with an Ultrasound and we are glad to report there is only one heartbeat. Both the Tech and our doctor said everything looks great so far. The Tech was able to get a heartbeat, 162 beats. She told me not to read too much into the high heartbeat because she has seen plenty of babies turn out to be boys with high heartbeats.

Anyway, we had a great talk/visit with my doctor. I was able to ask him all the questions I could think of and he took the time to answer each and every single one and didn't rush us. He really is a great doctor.

So, you are probably wondering why I titled the post the way I did. Well, the online calendars I have been using say my due date is around December 14/15th, but when the Ultrasound Tech measured the baby, I am actually measuring 5 days sooner, so that puts my due date December 10th. So, we talked with the doctor and since he doesn't like to do VBAC's, I am going to have a scheduled C-Section and the date is, drum roll please ...................December 4th!
Jonathon and I are very excited and can't wait to meet our new little bundle of joy in just 7 months.

We do have pictures from the Ultrasound, but since we do not have a scanner, I will have to wait until Monday to scan them in and post; I have one at my desk at work. We do have another Ultrasound scheduled in four weeks at our next appointment. Apparently they now test for Spina Bifida and Down Syndrome differently than when I had Olivia. Instead of drawing blood at 16 weeks and testing for both, they now do an Ultrasound at 12 weeks so they can measure the back of the baby's head and do blood work and then send those measurements and blood to the labs. They also do blood work at 16 weeks, too. So, yay, I get to have blood drawn three times in a row (today, my next appointment and the appointment afterwards). But, this is all worth it.

We are going to find out the sex of the baby. I have to know in order to plan and to bond with the baby. We do have a boy name picked out, but we are having a hard time picking a girl name. Once we have the names picked out, we will call the baby Little Boy Name or Little Girl Name, until we find out. We did that with Olivia. We would call her Little Connor or Little Olivia. Jonathon would say, "What does Little Connor or Little Olivia want to eat?" and other things; it really is cute. I guess for us, it is a way for us to feel closer to the baby.

Everything is going really well with the pregnancy so far and we are almost finished with the first trimester. Wow! Time flies by so fast. I still haven't had any morning sickness or severe nausea, like I had with Olivia, and no headaches, which is great because those were killer. I have an increased appetite and can't seem to get enough food, which is odd because since I found out I was pregnant, I have lost about 5 pounds...weird. When I was pregnant with Olivia, I was asleep every night about 7:00 p.m., and even though I have noticed I am a little bit more tired than usual, I still go to bed at my normal time, which is great! So keep those prayers coming for a complication free pregnancy; they are working.

Olivia and I are going to the zoo tomorrow so I will have new pictures to post of her tomorrow. She has changed so much since last night. I was looking at her when we got back from our appointment, and she no longer resembles a baby, she looks like a big girl. Oh goodness!

5 comments:

Sarah Tunick Nall said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you!! I hope things go extremely wellf or your preganancy! Olivia is getting so big! She is adorable still! I'll definitely let you know when I am coming y'all's way!
Love you guys!

Lauren said...

glad to hear things are going well for you guys. It is so exciting I know! We look forward to seeing you guys next weekend!

Robin said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! I am so glad to hear that your C sect will by the first week of dec! Earlier dates (as long as in the safe zone) always sound more appealing! Maybe mine can come the middle of august instead of the end!!!

I am still so excited that we are doing this together...again!
see you soon!

Robin said...

Where are our pictures mama?!

Robin said...

See you in 4 days!!!!