Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New York, New York, again!


Yep, you read right, we are going to New York again. Jonathon will go first and will be up there for 12 days, February 10-22. I will then join him February 14-17 for a little Valentine's Day getaway weekend. Olivia will not be going this time, but will be in great hands while we are gone. She will be spending the weekend with Nana, Jonathon's Mom, Auntie Andrea and Auntie Alison, Jonathon's sisters.
We have been racking our brains trying to figure out what we are going to do while we are there and so far have decided:

1. We are going out to eat for dinner Thursday night to celebrate Valentine's Day. We do not normally celebrate this holiday so I am really excited this year!

2. Friday night we are going to go and see a play on Broadway. We are trying to go and see Wicked, but if that doesn't work out, it is between Hairspray and Phantom of the Opera.

3. Saturday we are going to go and do all of the touristy things. We are going to try really hard to take the ferry out to Ellis Island and go see the Statue of Liberty. I really would like to go see the 9/11 memorial, the Empire State Building, Greenwich Village, and all of the other NYC tourist sites. I would really like to take a tour, but I don't know if that will work out or not.

4. We will most definitely be going to the Serendipity Cafe. We tried to go the last time we were there, but since most of the shops and restaurants in New York are multi-level and narrow, they do not allow strollers inside. Of course, they do not offer a place for you to put your strollers, so we did not dine there. I did, however, come up with my business venture if we should ever move to NYC: stroller valet. It would work just like car valet, except we would keep the strollers in a heated area during the winter so they stay nice and toasty for those cute little bums. Now, don't be stealin' my idea :)

5. I think since I am flying out Sunday afternoon, we are going to just take it easy Sunday. I think we will order room service for breakfast and just hang out and enjoy each other's company.

If you have been to New York City and have some great tips or suggestions, we would greatly appreciate any advice for places to see, eat, etc.
Oh, I do have a list of things to do before I leave and on that list includes making homemade Valentines for Olivia to take to Mrs. Mary's house on Valentine's Day. I have all of the stuff to do it, I just have to take the time to do it, ugh! I think I will do a little bit each day so it doesn't get too overwhelming, as all of my projects tend to do.
I will post pictures as soon as we return.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Again, I hate the fact that we can't go with you, all of your plans sounds so wonderful!
We will get Miss O's Vday card out early so that she can have it before you leave.
Have fun with the card making!

Lauren said...

I bet you are getting excited for your trip to the big city! Hope Jonathon made it safely. I can't wait to hear about yall's time out there once you get back!!

Robin said...

I know that you are in NYC right now, and I wanted to say that I hope you are having a great weekend away! Can't wait to talk to you when you get back.