Monday, September 1, 2008

25 Weeks and counting



I know, I know, I promised 24 week belly shots last week, but I forgot to take them...my bad. Anyway, I have taken 25 week shots, but now I am 26 weeks pregnant (I started this post Sunday and finished today) so this should give you a good idea of how huge I am. My doctor says everything looks great, but I feel like a beached whale, and I still have three months to go.

I hope all of you had a great Labor Day Weekend. We didn't do too much around here. Saturday, we ran a bunch of errands and had some friends over. The boys took the kids to the local fish store while us pregnant ladies went and got pedicures. It was so much fun to go with a friend and talk and laugh (we both giggled when they started scrubbing our feet). This is only my third pedicure, but I totally love them and plan on going more often, especially as I get bigger and can't bend over to paint my own toe nails. Plus, I want to have pretty toes on the operating table come December 4th.

Sunday, we just hung around the house since Jonathon and Olivia both had runny noses and light congestion. After being cooped up in the house for what seemed like an eternity, we went to the mall and browsed. Since it was getting close to Olivia's bed time, we decided to take her to the play land and wear herself out. We came home, had dinner, gave her a bath and she went to bed and was out like a light. Ever since we got rid of the pacifier, she has been staying up in her bed for up to two hours after we put her down. During the two hour span, she is playing and talking and eventually falls asleep.

Today, both of them still had runny noses and congestion, although Jonathon added a head ache and sore throat, so we stayed home until dinner. Today at Chic-Fil-A if you wore any NFL team shirt, you got a 3-piece chicken strip box for free. So, all three of us piled on the Colts shirts and headed up there. When we first arrived, nobody else was wearing anything NFL related and I was nervous that I had heard the ad wrong, but when we got up to the counter and saw the ad, I knew we were all good. Eventually, others showed up sporting shirts, jerseys and hats, but most of them wore Cowboys stuff. I did see a guy wearing a Bears jersey, though.

Now, both Jonathon and Olivia are on Allergy and Cold medicine, so I am hoping it helps. I just hope I don't get it.

Let's see, anything else happen...oh, Olivia had her 2 year checkup on Friday. She weighs 23 pounds 9 ounces, and has moved from the 5th to 10th percentile for her weight :) She is 34 3/4" tall, which puts her in the 75th percentile for height. Does anybody else see a career in modeling or is it just me? :) The doctor said everything looks and sounds great and Olivia is right on track.

Recently, Olivia has shown signs of toilet training so we went out Friday night and bought her a potty. It is so cute and girly; I will have to take a picture of it and post. It is hot pink, lime green and white and she picked it out, with my help of course. We also bought our first pack of Pull Ups and big girl panties, too. I bought a book about potty training this evening and bought her a book to read about the potty while she is only on the potty. So far she understands the process, except for using the potty.

If you look on the sidebar, you will notice I have taken down the baby's name ticker. I did this because Jonathon and I (more me than Jonathon, he is trying to keep his hormonal wife happy) have decided we are going to rename baby girl. I was blog stalking earlier this week and came across three or four blogs and they all had little girls named Emma. Then, when we were at the play ground last week, there was a little girl named Emma there and I thought to myself, "When she gets in school I don't want her to have to be called Emma S.", so we are changing her name. I have voted for Claire McKenzie and Jonathon likes Abigail Grace. So what do you think? You will not hurt my feelings if you like Jonathon's name better than mine. I like both names, but of course, I like mine better than his :)

So, please leave comments about the names. We both really like Emma Claire, but you remember when we were all in school how many Sarah's, Melissa's, and Jennifer's there were and we had to call them Sarah P. or Melissa D. or Jennifer T. I just couldn't do that to my daughter. I mean, when she goes to school, she could very well have another classmate with her name, but the odds of that happening are smaller with another name than Emma.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!



4 comments:

Lauren said...

You look great, and not an ounce like a beached whale! I can't get over how big and grown up Olivia looks! What a little girl:) Did you paint your room by the way? I don't remember it being that color, which I love! As far as the new names go, I like both of them. Claire is adorable, but I like Abigail too...would you call her Abby or keep it like it is?

Robin said...

WOW! The color on the walls looks great, you got your headboard and footboard back up AND you changed around your bedroom! I love it!!!!

I also love the belly shots, if you ever need to feel better about your belly, I still have one picture left on my blog...hahaha

I have to say that I think Claire is less common, but I really love Abigail Grace, so I am not much help there!

Give Olivia kisses from the north...and can't wait to see you next month!

adam, elizabeth and connor said...

hey girl! you are looking great!! time is ticking by! as for the names, i really like abigail... and it you want to keep claire in the name (since it was emma claire), you could always do abigail claire! hope things continue to go well for you!

Anonymous said...

Keep Emma Claire. No matter which name you choose there is always going to the same name out there. I have already put her on the family tree.
Grandma