Monday, July 21, 2008

It's a ...

Today, as most of you know, I had my 20-week Ultrasound and Checkup. The Ultrasound took a little longer than expected, due to baby being very active and not cooperating for pictures. However, everything looks great and I do not have Placenta Previa! Whoo-hoo! This was my major concern; this is what I had with Olivia and caused me to deliver early. Everything looked and sounded great, although at my next appointment I have to go in for another Ultrasound and try to look at baby's face. The Technician was able to look at baby's lips, but nothing else. They want to be able to say they looked at everything and time was slipping away so we opted to look at the face next time. I am telling you, this baby was like a Mexican Jumping Bean...it was everywhere!

I have finally started to feel baby move and kick, and Jonathon has too. Olivia was a mover and shaker during the day where as this baby is a night owl. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I need a good sleeper!

Well, I wish I could post pictures from our Ultrasound, but we do not have a scanner. So, if you would like to find out the sex of the baby just scroll down and look at our homemade pictures.





Emma Claire Simmons should make her debut on December 4, 2008. Currently she weighs 12 ounces and her heart beat is 160 Beats Per Minute. Like I said earlier, the Technician said everything looks awesome, and that is what is most important to us. My doctor said that since everything looks great, I should have a pretty smooth pregnancy.

I have finally started gaining weight, but I will not mention numbers. My blood pressure is really good, actually, a little low in my opinion. I am experiencing a lot of heart burn lately and the Tums are sitting on my night table next to the bed, since it seems to hit me right before going to sleep. Other than the heart burn, I am doing really well and enjoying this pregnancy. I have to say my favorite thing so far about being pregnant is watching Olivia rub my belly, say, "baby", and then kiss my belly. I also get tickled when she goes up to Jonathon's belly, rubs it and says, "baby"...too cute. She even rubs her own belly and says, "baby". We tell her that only Mommy has a baby in her belly, but I don't think she quite grasps that concept yet.

So, we just ask that you all pray for this pregnancy to be smooth sailing and complication-free. We also ask that you pray for Emma to be strong and healthy on delivery day and pray for Olivia to handle the transition from Only Child to Big Sister smoothly.

We are very excited to add Emma Claire to our family and can't wait to meet her!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to meet little miss Emma:)

Heidi Day said...

I loved seeing Olivia...she has really changed. I miss you in Kindermusik, so come back when you can! Thanks for letting me in on the news! So happy for you!

adam, elizabeth and connor said...

woohoo for the big news!!! LOVE the name Emma Claire!! glad all is going well!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Emma Claire is such a pretty name. Best of luck with everything. Thanks for the link to the blog on myspace. I've been meaning to check it out. Maybe some day I'll start a blog...

Have a great week :)

Robin said...

Congrats! So are you going to tell us if you were surprised or not? lol
I will just keep the girls clothes headed your way!

Sarah Tunick Nall said...

Congrats!! That's awesome! I hope everything goes well!!

Robin said...

I don't think I said this, but I also LOVE the ribbon idea. That was really cute!