Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Egg-stravaganza!

Happy Belated Easter. Sorry for the delay in posting, but I have been sick with Strep Throat since Saturday night and today was my return to the world.
Olivia's Easter Egg-stravaganza began Saturday morning. We went to Coppell, the next city over, and attended our first Easter Egg Hunt. However, there were more parents there than kids and when they finished the count down and the kids ran out, the parents were picking up the plastic filled eggs and the kids were grabbing the candy. Needless to say, Olivia didn't get one single egg, and neither did her friend Jack, but she did get about six pieces of candy. Lesson learned: teach Olivia how to throw out the elbow and only go for plastic! No, I am kidding. She had a great time afterwards chewing on her sucker, running around and having her Daddy chase her.
Saturday night was filled with Jonathon and I trying to cram in way too much at the last minute. I almost finished dying eggs when I started to feel bad. After Jonathon finished baking his cake and got the fresh whip cream and chocolate mousse ready for the next day and I finished all of the eggs, we went to bed. I went to bed with a fever and didn't break it until Monday morning around 3 am.
Sunday morning, Jonathon got up with Olivia, since I had the fever and didn't know if I was contagious, and they finished his cake, got ready and went to church for Easter service. I was really bummed to miss the service because we have started attending a new church that we both really enjoy and I really wanted to hear what the Preacher had to say; Jonathon said it was really good.
Afterwards, while I was sleeping, they came home and finished up cooking the side dish they had to take to Aunt Natalie's, Uncle Sean's and Cousin Drew's house for Easter Get-Together. I found a recipe for mini baked potatoes and Jonathon said they were a hit, so I will post it sometime soon. Anyway, they ate, hunted eggs and had a great time.
Jonathon took one picture of Olivia in her Easter dress; I didn't even get to see her in it. For the hunt, he did change her clothes so she would be more comfortable and warm, since it decided to be chilly that day. She had such a blast looking for the eggs and wanted no help in carrying her very heavy basket. Jonathon said she threw a fit when he tried to help her.
So, here are the pictures and I promise, I will try to dress her up this weekend and take some of her in her Easter dress.

PS--I really wanted to take her to see the Easter Bunny this year, but I didn't know how she would react. I didn't want to scare her so bad that it scars her for life. She really liked him from afar and would wave to him, but we never did get up close. She was absolutely petrified of Santa and hated it when he gave me a hug. I guess we will try next year.
So without further ado...





































2 comments:

Lauren said...

Brandy, I am so sorry you missed Easter because you were not feeling well. You got some good pictures though! Hope you are doing much better now. I cant say it enough....Olivia is such a cutie pie!!

Robin said...

Looks like Olivia picked up really fast on what to do at the family egg hunt! She is so stinkin' cute! I am so sorry that you were sick, especially that bad sick.

I do want that recipe!!!