Saturday, January 26, 2008

"You Can't Stop the Beat..."


I know, I know, I am so far behind movie premieres and I just now watched Hairspray tonight. I have to say, I absolutely love this movie. I am such a sucker for musical films, though. I love, love, love The Sound of Music, Grease, Chicago, any of the Disney movies, and now Hairspray!
I would have to say, Edna, Tracy's mom, played by John Travolta, is my absolute favorite character. He did such a wonderful job playing her. I loved her accent and personality!
Jonathon watched the movie on the plane ride from London to Dallas, so I asked him if it didn't have anything bad in it so Olivia could watch it, which it doesn't, and she was dancing and laughing the whole entire time the movie was on. I swear, anytime there is music on, that girl gets the dance fever and starts stomping her feet like in Flashdance, twirling and movin' her hips! I swear, I have no idea where she gets it from because as you all know, Jonathon and I were not blessed with the dancing gene.
Speaking of dancing, I went the YMCA last Tuesday night to take a Salsa dancing class and left early because I am that bad. I was having fun, but I was getting so frustrated because as soon as I had the move down, we were moving on to another step and it just repeated itself. Needless to say, I needed to be in the pre-beginner class, which I don't think even exists.
If you haven't already seen Hairspray, I highly recommend it. It is such a good feelin', energetic, funny movie.

PS--The song that is playing on the NYC Slide Show is from Hairspray. I had no idea that the song was even on there until yesterday and I enjoyed it so much, I left it on there...you know, to honor NYC.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I haven't seen it yet...but hope to soon.
On the dancing note...I am that bad too! Maybe we should take a pre-beginner class together when you are up next time! hahaha