Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First Post

Well folks, I have decided to enter us into the world of blogging. I have a couple of friends who do this on a regular basis and thought I would try this out and see how it goes. I figure since most of our friends and family are near and far, this would be the best way to keep everyone informed of what is going on with us, but more importantly, with Olivia.
Recently, we have been busy with traveling and being sick. This crazy Texas weather does not help. The saying goes, "If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 5 minutes and it will change". Boy, they aren't lying. I swear in one day it can go from 65 degrees and sunny to 45 degrees, cold and windy...no wonder we stay sick. I am recovering from Bronchitis, which I got the week of New Years, and it feels like I am getting it again, or at least a cold, lets hope for the latter.
Olivia has a nasty cough and it only seems to bother her at night, when she is sleeping. On top of the nasty cough, she is teething. Now normally teething isn't an issue with our Sweet Cheeks--her nickname given to her by Daddy and now adopted by Momma, too--she teeths like a champ. Just a couple of months ago, she cut all 4 of her molars at the same time and you would never have known it, but these incisors/fangs are kicking her little tushie. Normally when she teeths, she drools quite a bit and only needs her pacifier to soothe her, but her sleep has never been effected. However, with these fangs, not the case. Sunday night she woke up every 3 hours crying because they were hurting. Of all nights for this to happen, since I had to work the next day. Needless to say I went in her room each and every time, picked her up, hugged her, and then put her back to bed. At first I was a little disgruntled, not only because I had to get up at 5:45 a.m. to be at work by 7:00 a.m., but because I had a hard time falling asleep and know it was well past midnight before I did. But, after each time I went in to comfort her, I felt great because it made me feel good to know that all she needed from me was a hug to make her feel better.
As for Jonathon, he is doing great. He has been doing some traveling for his job recently and up until today, there was a possibility of him going to Hong Kong and Tokyo at the end of January until February 15th. Unfortunately, he was the back up plan and they didn't need him. He was bummed but at the same time relieved. The longest he has been away from us was back in November when he went to London for 10 days, and it nearly broke his heart when he came back and Olivia didn't want him to hold her as soon as he walked out of the terminal.
I will try to post something on this blog at least once a week, but please do not hold me to it. But please visit often and leave messages. I promise as soon as I become more savvy with this site, I will post pictures.
Ciao!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Welcome Welcome to the bloggin world! I am so glad that you have your own now! Can't wait to add it to the list! hahaha

Robin said...

I don't know that this is the best place to respond to your question on my blog...but we'll give it a try...
On your dashboard, click on "layout" or "template." It is called both things in different places.
Click on "add page element"
Click on "link list/add to blog"
title it what you want...put blog/whatever you are wanting to link's URL in the appropriate box (replacing the http://), label it, click add link and save changes...Let me know if you need any help! I think you will get it though

Lauren said...

I am so glad you are blogging now:) I have found it to be a great way to brag about my little one and share news with our friends and families all over the place. I cant wait to see more recent pics of Olivia...she is a doll!!!