Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Claire's Weight

When Claire was born, she weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces. When we left the hospital, she was 6 pounds 2.5 ounces and two days later she was 6 pounds 1.7 ounces. When I took her to the doctor last Monday, she was 6 pounds 6 ounces. Yesterday when I took her to the Lactation Consultant she weighs 7 pounds 0.7 ounces! She gained a whole 10 ounces in 7 days! The Lactation Consultant was thrilled and surprised and I was just ecstatic. Hopefully, Claire will not be like her big sister and have a problem gaining weight (don't we wish we had that problem, ladies?). Although, I have to say, Olivia takes after her daddy, who was always skinny and tall as a kid and didn't break 100 pounds until he was a freshman in high school.
As for me, my appointment went great. I have 5 more pounds to lose until I am at my pre-pregnancy weight, but I want to be at my pre-pregnancy weight with Olivia so I have a couple of more pounds to lose. Right now, I am not trying to lose weight since I have to feed Claire and need all the nutrients and calories I can get right now. My incision looks great and my weight restrictions have been lifted; I just have to use common sense. I go back in 4 weeks and hopefully all of my restrictions will be lifted.
As promised, I will try to upload pictures tonight. Last night, I fell asleep and Jonathon was too busy with work to show me how to download pictures anyway.

2 comments:

adam, elizabeth and connor said...

glad to hear you are doing well!! when you are nursing you don't even have to try to lose weight - it just all falls right off! can't wait to see pics!

Lauren said...

Ok people, I am dying to see more pictures of the little munchkin! Pictures please!!!!